Stock, Operations & Logistics
Christian Bassett is recruiting a VP Logistics Asia, for a renowned auction company specializing in art, jewellery and collectibles.
The VP of Logistics plays a critical role in driving warehouse operations performance across the business functions for the Asia region. As a key member of the operations team and the VP of the logistics team, you are responsible for staff performance and KPIs across inbound receiving, outbound fulfilment, inventory management, quality assurance, materials procurement, and overall productivity output.
This position will ensure that staffing levels at the back of the house are correct based on the needs of the business. He/she will work with marketplace and operations leadership and other teams to adjust strategies as needed.
The Logistics Analyst portion will focus on reporting issues, suggesting improvements & training.
• Oversee day to day warehouse operations and manage team member responsibilities to meet daily business demands and productivity targets.
• Continuously improve and streamline the object journey lifecycle and workflows, maximizing throughput and reducing bottlenecks / touchpoints at each stage, from intake to list and outbound to end customers to achieve overall company objectives.
• Drive operational excellence through iterative innovation and making data informed decisions
• Develop, implement, and maintain warehouse protocols and standard operating procedures
• Ensure accurate and on-time receiving and fulfilment for all customers
• Support accurate inventory through proper inventory management and cycle count best practices
• Master warehouse operations processes, looking for new solutions towards efficiency that will reduce the cost of operation and/or improve service levels
• Ensure that staffing /capacity utilization levels meet the demands of the business and projected growth
• Manage, evaluate and report on warehouse productivity to senior management
• Work closely in coordination and partnership with cross functional teams including, but not limited to shipping, logistics, supply chain, cataloguing, photography, production, operations, product/tech, and business intelligence to adjust strategies as needed.
• Oversee the sale calendar and exhibition planning, including all associated tasks
• Identify and partner with third party platforms and solution providers for desired outputs and support of scalable infrastructure.
• Performing daily inspection and maintenance of the warehouse, including high standards and compliance with health and safety regulations.
• Running reports associated with inbound & outbound property for all NA storage locations.
• Reviewing reports with key stakeholders with a focus on improvements.
• Suggestions for improvements (People, Process & Tech based)
• Ordering supplies and maintaining suitable inventory
• Maintaining records, reporting relevant information, and preparing any necessary documentation
IDEAL EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
• 10+ years of experience in an operations or logistics role, ideally 3+ years of experience in people management
• Strong attention to detail with high level of numeracy
• Relevant experience with shipping and warehouse operations and fulfilment
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Strong leadership skills with ability to manage up and down
• Growth mindset and strong work ethic
• Challenges the status quo and continuously seeks to improve processes
• Logical and practical thinking, with excellent resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
• Understands how to bridge the physical with the digital
• Strong organizational skills and follow through
• Ability to work both independently and to partner with colleagues
• Comfortable with data collection and analytics to draw actionable insights from
• Able to navigate new platforms and technology
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.