Christian Bassett is recruiting a Vice President Brand & Shopper Experience Asia Pacific for a Global lifestyle fashion brand.
POSITION REPORTS TO: SVP, AP
Regional lead for brand and shopper experience, overseeing the regional integrated consumer journey strategic direction.
In this position you will develop, innovate, and drive transformation across the entire consumer journey for the brand. You will oversee all aspects from visual merchandising, store design & planning to digital led retail experiences to create a cohesive, compelling, class leading memorable customer experiences to meet our consumer needs and business opportunities, support brand building and increase competitive edge.
- Partner with creative strategy and marketing teams to lead and deliver holistic brand experiences and elevate the consumer experiences across all “PHYGITAL” touchpoints not limited to advertising and marketing campaigns, brand and sales activations, content and consumer engagement; physical design of semi/permanent retail, seasonal fixtures, pop-ups, space planning, VM; concept development for site design, digital and social media.
- Develop, innovate, and drive transformation across the entire consumer journey for the brand. You will guide the transformation from a soloed approach to an integrated team, overviewing from the traditional media to in store experience and social network.
- Play an active part in the Asia Leadership team, helping to both develop and implement brand and shopper experience strategies.
- Proactively drive the development of the skills and capabilities of the consumer journey, improving the overall functioning of the team.
- Responsible for establishing and measuring the KPI’s associated with these journeys.
- Drive awareness within team of the overall objectives of the department, the brand and consumer engagement with key deliverables and impact.
- Work closely with global and markets stakeholders to meet the objectives.
CREATIVITY: Must possess high degree of fashion aesthetic; interest in trends, lifestyles, competitors and media. Support introduction of new ideas. Can work within the creative process effectively, and support bring ideas to realization.
TEAMWORK: Able to work in matrix environment. Builds good working relationships across cultures; collaborates toward deadlines and deliverables. Able to communicate effectively across the team and organization; effectively communicates across long distances.
ORGANIZING: Works according to defined schedules and deadlines; takes direction well and able to work independently with accountability; manages own work and tracks progress. Seeks out resources to get things done; able to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
ENVIRONMENT: Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented setting; interface with Global and local markets.
- Experienced at VP level with passion for/understanding of fashion trends.
- Visionary with proven track record of inventing brands forward, building and developing market-leading businesses.
- Deep consumer understanding on how to creating connecting experiences. Moving beyond sales only experiences to better serve, assist and nurture customers. Finding ways to build long-term customer relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to set and communicate a clear vision and to drive results.
- Preferred experience and successful track record in regional/global leadership roles.
- Experienced in successfully leading a regional business built on a diverse portfolio of business models, KPIs and consumer engagement.
- Global mind-set with local market awareness and sensitivity.
- Creative, visionary and able to clearly articulate brand and consumer journey point-of-view
- Collaborative with ability to work across functions and in concert with region and global counterparts.
- Ability to listen and in turn present and influence the strength of one's own and other ideas and point-of-view.
- Strong aesthetic eye and taste level; strict attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Be bold, Make the Impossible Possible, Drive Innovation, Drive sustainable growth, be proactive, and Embrace change.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 15+ years or above relevant experience and proven success across various lifestyle businesses from apparel, accessories, footwear, underwear to sport, cosmetic, FMCG with professional qualification; in which with 5-8 years experiences as with exposure in the region, especially in China/Asia. Preferably, with MNC background.
- Evidence of strong conceptual thinking/innovation – a record of accomplishment of generating innovative ideas/concepts that challenge traditional frontiers of thought.
- Quality: Prioritize our product, Build positive & long-term working relationships, be customer and consumer centric.
- Team leader who can delegate, develop, and motivate a team to encourage a high level of ownership/accountability and productivity
BA/ BS required, preferably in Marketing, Creative, business
- Excellent people and process management skills. Able to work effectively with a diversity of cultures and working styles.
- The intellectual capacity, presence, credibility and communication skills required to influence others at all levels. Must be able to convey an inspiring message in individual, large group and C-level settings.
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to analyses quantitative and qualitative data draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations.
- A detail-oriented, data-driven, and creative eye combined with the ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
- A strong learn-it-all and entrepreneurial mentality. Eager to learn and test new initiatives.
- Sound financial and business acumen