Buying & Merchandising
Christian Bassett is recruiting a Senior Buyer for Women’s category for a globally renowned luxury and contemporary multi brand company.
As a Senior Buyer, you will be a source of inspiration. You will develop and manage seasonal merchandise mixes and edits that are unparalleled in luxury fashion retail. Your objective is to work collaboratively with your team to make sure that the company is the top-of-mind retailer for the best luxury fashion brands.
Sales and Profit
- Develop solid business strategies for the assigned portfolio to achieve the agreed seasonal sales and profit targets against the seasonal business plan; Leverage our strengths and give feedback to improve our business performance
- Efficiently and strategically manage the OTB and planning for the department in conjunction with Merchandise Planning and Sales (MPS) to ensure sales and stock levels meeting seasonal targets
- Maximize sales & gross profit dollar (GP$) potential by managing relations with suppliers of the assigned product category; Fully understand supplier cost structure and logistics costs and identify value added opportunities for the company as appropriate
- Be familiar with up to date local and overseas market competition, trends and economics to react appropriately in terms of buy and OTB planning
- Ensure competitive pricing strategies for products/suppliers based on market reviews, competitor positions, supplier financials, etc.
- Maintain an “Explorer” mindset to actively source and introduce Global Exclusive newness and innovation on niche, trendsetting, up-and-coming and commercially viable brands
- Attend relevant trade / industry shows, showrooms and worldwide exhibitions and share insights on local and overseas market situations and trends
- Ensure timely delivery of merchandise and consistency in product quality and quantity offerings to stores
- Monitor sell-through and deliveries of products to all vendors and suppliers and take decisive action to manage their performance and give feedback accordingly
- Apply excellent negotiation skills to communicate with vendors in a tough but fair manner to secure exclusive ranges, brands and maximum GP%
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders/Regional team on marketing / PR pushes, or any store events to drive promotional and marketing calendar
- Work closely with Warehouse to ensure timely delivery of merchandise to Stores
- Carry out store visits and obtain feedback from customers and staff to ensure floor plans, brand adjacencies and merchandise range meets customer requirements
- Create regular product information, training / visual presentation packs and trend knowledge to Store staff to maximize sales and support their customer communication through better storytelling
Company Culture and Talent Development
- Engage and live by Values, and deliver our Customer Service Promise at all times
- Build collaborative working relationships with your colleagues to ensure the achievement of the Company Business Plan, your department and individual objectives
- Reinforce the company’s Heritage, Brand DNA and culture - through storytelling and sharing successes at every opportunity
- Build a personal connection with each team member, taking time to understand them individuals and identify ways to motivate, retain and engage them
You may also be interested in...
Senior Buyer Women's Category
- Read More