Retail Management, Stock, Operations & Logistics
Christian Bassett is recruiting a Retail Operations Manager(Macau) for a European luxury fashion company.
Regional Retail Operations Director, (Direct Reporting)
• You are a passionate Brand Ambassador and the business leader of your area, who conveys the Brand philosophy and values to the local market, the Store team and to the final Client.
• You are a driven business owner and you hold yourself accountable for achieving a successful overall store performance, developing the business within the direct managed stores of your area.
• You maximize sales, ensuring profits through a careful management of operating expenses, seamlessly executing all activities to achieve the targets.
• You guarantee excellence in Client experience, leading by example to placing the Client above all.
• You are a motivating and inspiring leader, you mentor your team by working closely with them; and you set them up for success through succession planning and ensuring internal growth.
• By managing the staff and coordinating all the operating activities according to the guidelines, you oversee and develop the stores’ structure.
• You promote the cooperation and synergy between the Retail Operations Department, Retail Merchandising, Visual Merchandising and Communication teams, in order to convey univocal messages to stores and identify business development solutions.
Leading the Business
• Oversee the store results and implement tailored actions aimed at maximising sales/KPIs and improving performance
• Provide the Store Manager with proper objectives (monthly/yearly/daily), ensuring follow-ups, and proposing and implementing any corrective measures;
• Create proper synergies among Stores in order to support/increase sales;
• Communicate and share with the Store Staff the activities/actions to take in case of complaints, particular requests, replacements, etc. intervening first hand in critical situations;
• Oversee the retail event calendar for the market, cooperate with the Regional/WW Retail Events team for effective and timely event activities, propose opportunities to gain new clients, work with MD and VM to align product and VM needs for events, partner with Engineering.
• Ensure events and promotional activities are successfully implemented in order to develop the customer base and sales.
• Take responsibility for the implementation of all processes and procedures concerning product management (delivery, stockroom management, product handling, etc.);
• Ensure an impeccable image inside and outside Stores, intervening where necessary, and liaising with competent Functions;
• Guarantee and monitor the implementation of all stockroom and maintenance procedures;
• Ensure a constant and effective flow of information between Stores and other functions (in particular the Retail Merchandising and Visual Merchandising), focusing on products, sales, and customers, in order to promptly and effectively meet the market needs;
• Collaborate with the Retail functions, and the Communication and PR Department, in order to ensure the achievement of the sales target and the implementation of the agreed strategies;
• Collect all strategic product information received from Retail Merchandising and Visual Merchandising and convey to geographic areas and headquarters;
• Gather feedback on sales following the implementation of product guidelines and share with Retail Merchandising;
• Be up to date on the local market trends, competitors, local events, client needs, etc; participating in social happenings and be an example to Store Managers to develop external relationships
• Guarantee the implementation and alignment of store operations procedures and ensure they are correctly enforced: stock management, stock takes, loss prevention, IT, cash processes, post-sale management, housekeeping and maintenance.
• Deliver operational excellence in local stores in line with Company standards;
• Ensure the implementation of the Group procedures and processes for the stores in the area.
• Oversee the client portfolio of all stores ensuring appropriate actions are implemented with focus on building loyalty and growing customer spend.
• Actively monitor the VIC performance and work with each Store Manager to define dedicated actions to foster customer loyalty
• Proactively partner with the Store Manager to develop the Clients database in the local stores
• Guarantee the implementation of the selling ceremony in order to offer a unique experience to customers, in accordance with the Group and Brand DNA.
• Provide updated customer mapping of the customer database for each single store, guaranteeing alignment with Company standards of personalized loyalty actions.
• Collaborate with Human Resources to support store and to share professional growth;
• Lead the stores, motivate and coach the management team and encourage growth and development of talents
• In cooperation with Human Resources, define staff requirements for stores, presenting the necessary reviews of the organizational structures and the relevant requirements in terms of headcount in order to improve performances and ensure staff productivity is maximised;
• Ensure a constant dialogue between the Company, the Store Manager and the Store Staff, organizing and attending monthly and/or weekly “Store Manager meetings”;
• Develop and coach the Store Managers, supporting them to become true brand ambassadors and making sure they are the best players in the market;
• Manage the store personnel and define recruitment, training, development and retention plans for sales staff;
• Strive to recruit the most talented people and to build the best store management representation in the luxury goods industry;
• Guarantee that grooming standards decided by the Headquarters are communicated and respected;
• Define and supervise the Performance Management process, from the assignment and assessment of objectives to the analysis and development of the competencies required in cooperation with the Human Resources Functions.