Buying & Merchandising
Christian Bassett is recruiting a Retail Merchandising Women’s shoes for a European luxury fashion company.
The incumbent is responsible to manage the buying and retail merchandising function of the designed brand and category for Women’s shoes to optimize business volume while respecting the fashion direction from the group.
• Provide feedback to the Group on the collection and product development to maximize business potential in the local country
• Review the budget and buy for the local country, control the broadness and depth of the buy and merchandising mix to ensure fashion direction is followed while balancing and maximizing the commercial and business potential
• Managing the order entry process
IN-SEASON PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
• Manage the sales performance, supervise the subsidiaries to ensure the stock is properly managed and that replenishment is properly and timely made to seize the business opportunity
• Overseeing deliveries to ensure satisfactory stock levels and sales performance
• Monitoring sell-thru, consolidating and proposing region-wide reorder requests as necessary
• Monitoring of sales and stock performance by shop to ensure local buyers are performing all necessary activities
• Frequent communication with region and HQ regarding sales and sell-thru performance to ensure achievement of targets/objectives
• Supervising in-season stock consolidation/transfer of merchandise within the local, after approval by regional/HQ Merchandising and Planning
• Management of Bargain Sales list (for ex. Exceptions to the world-wide list sent by Milan)
• Management and periodic review of the Scorta Minima to optimize performance
• Frequent shop visits throughout the local to provide assistance and feedback and increase performance
• Co-ordinate and consolidate all sales analysis at local level.
• Frequent market visits to identify new opportunities and carry out competitor analyses, report back to General manager and Regional Director
• Prepare the Monthly Marketing Trend Report sent to Regional/Milan
• Provide constant product feedback and ideas for development to region/HQ
NEW SHOP OPENINGS
• Examine projects briefs provided by Engineering and validate or revise all Merchandising Plans with Region before sending them to HQ
• Review and comment store layout proposals
• Prepare new shop orders with regional/HQ
• Follow-up on delivery of merchandise for openings
• Ensure that proper product training and knowledge is provided to the shop staff (that is relevant to the merchandise actually received)
• Physical presence to support new openings as required
• Follow-up on new store performance and corrective action as required as to the product mix, stock level etc.
• Liaise with HQ in preparation of seasonal product training materials to be diffused to the market
• Implement proper product training and workshops are conducted at the level of local markets for the sales force in the stores.
• Co-ordinate with Visual Merchandising team, verify the visual aspects from an image as well as commercial point of view
• Oversight of VM guidelines and their application within the local
• Request and elaboration of new or market specific guidelines as required, in collaboration with regional/HQ Merchandising / VM
• Control of store photos to ensure guidelines are applied and brand image is respected
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• BA degree in fashion, business and the other related majors
• 10 years of retail buying merchandising experience in global luxury brands
• Economic, analytical/numerical background, combined with a knowledge of the world of fashion/ luxury and products
• Thorough in buying process, merchandising strategy and women’s luxury fashion trend
• Strong in both verbal and written communication in English/Local language
• Strong sensitivity and aesthetic sense, Fashion/luxury-oriented and knowledge of Retail basic principles
• Passion for international context and for the various social and cultural contexts
• Proficient in MS office especially Excel and Power Point
• SAP user is preferred
You may also be interested in...
Merchandising Manager, RTW
- Read More
Christian Bassett is recruiting a Merchandising Manager for a European fashion company. JOB PURPOSE The incumbent is responsible to manage the buying and retail merchandising function of the designed brand and category for Women’s RTW to optimize business vo...