Buying & Merchandising
Christian Bassett is recruiting a Retail Merchandising Director for a European luxury fashion company.
The Retail Merchandising Director has a supporting role to the Managing Director.
He or she ensures a consistency across Singapore for sales strategy, product deliveries, product training and visual merchandising.
He or she contributes to a balanced, qualitative and profitable development of the Singapore entity by coordinating buying, monitoring deliveries, and ensuring sales forecast are met.
Sales and activity analysis
• Provide a clear understanding of the business in Singapore, identify risks and opportunities for the development of the business.
• Define and monitor yearly sales budgets, B+2, YTG and re-estimate.
• Monitor and follow-up monthly consolidated sales report by store and by métiers, including sell-through on seasonal products.
• Conduct performance analysis to follow up on sales and KPIs for our stores monthly, communicate information to timely adjust strategy: traffic, conversion rate, UPT, average basket, cross-selling, sales per sqm, etc
• Provide relevant analysis on sales evolution and strategizes store sales planning in partnership with store managers.
• Co-ordinates and advise store managers to ensure a balanced product mix.
• Animate and monitor sales by proposing and leading adequate actions as incentive plans, training, events etc.
• Propose any relevant or necessary evolution of reporting / business analysis tools with the support of IT teams in Singapore and Paris.
• Monitor market situation (competition, pricing, distribution, customer behavior, legislation) to ensure brand competitiveness and standing.
Supply and inventory management
• Establish the right balance between product offer (sales development) and stock management (profitability)
• Ensure a fair allocation of all products under allocation, according to the strategy and store’s needs.
• Allocate additional products proposed by Paris, including push offers, to the different stores.
• Follow up product deliveries, especially on leather (vs invoicing commitment) and seasonal products. Monitor PSI and reorders, manage delivery priorities when necessary.
• Follow up current and targeted inventory levels by métiers in the stores.
• Monitor stock ageing, destock and clean stocks based on the Group policy.
• Define and follow necessary replenishment to assist the store in achieving their target including permanent stock replacement, stock reorder administration and follow-up
• Propose stock transfers within Singapore or outside of the Region.
• Collaborate with Customer Service, Metiers, and other Group companies like CNP or LMH.
• Coordinate launching plan in coordination with the Regional commercial team, VM, Communication.
• Participate and assist in organizing Seasonal and Staff Sales.
• Focus on the expression of a wide and balanced product offer, enhance new products, and ensure that each store becomes an attractive living space with its own identity
• Prepare the OTBs (Open to Buy) before each buying session: Podiums and pre-collections.
• Supervise the mix of permanent stock item and carryovers.
• Prepare and follow central buying.
• Provide buying advice to Store Managers before each Preview and Podium
• Assist buyers during Preview and Podium in Paris (4x year) and provide a daily follow up of the buying
• Synthetize buying and provide a post podium analysis (highlights of the season)
• Elevate our stores and service to make customer journeys unique and reflecting the values
• Visual Merchandising: through regular store visits, workshops and sharing sessions, share the good practices and train the stores and subsidiaries to present properly our products in our stores
• Help to improve sales associate performance towards a specific knowledge of products
• Identify product training needs, develop annual product training programs, and create instructional materials
• Plan, organize and delivering of seasonal product training
• Coordinate with the Region regarding various ad hoc projects in a team player spirit
• Follow up trends and manage better interactions with our local customers by monitoring CRM data
• Assist during communication events
Requirements & Capabilities
• University graduate with at least 15 years’ experience in retail industry
• Previous experience in Retail Merchandising is mandatory
• Good management skills: supervision of a team of 5 people
• Fluent in English. French is a plus
• Must be a good team player. Detailed minded, service oriented and self-motivated.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• Hands-on computer knowledge of MS Office, especially in Excel.
• Capacity to delegate and train.
You may also be interested in...
Merchandising Manager/ Buyer SEA & Pacific
- Read More
Christian Bassett is recruiting a Merchandising Manager/ Buyer SEA & Pacific for a European luxury fashion company. Responsibilities • Manage merchandising function to develop, integrate and provide supports into forecasting exercise for SG and AUS market/cha...
General Merchandising Manager
- Read More
Christian Bassett is recruiting a General Merchandising Manager SEA for a luxury fashion company. • Work with General Manager to formulate merchandising strategy and planning whilst adhering to the Company’s objectives. • Work alongside with the Re...
Merchandising Manager South East Asia, Men's Universe
- Read More
Christian Bassett is recruiting a Merchandising Manager Men’s Universe for a European luxury fashion house. Duties & Responsibilities • To achieve sales & sell-through objectives for the Men's business in the zone • To propose and ...
Merchandiser, Leather Goods
- Read More
Christian Bassett is recruiting a Merchandiser, Leather Goods for a leading luxury fashion house. Report to: Senior Merchandising Manager • To manage and drive the business of the Leather Goods business • To develop the business in South Asi...
Merchandiser, Women's Accessories
- Read More
Christian Bassett is recruiting a Merchandiser Women’s Accessories for a leading luxury fashion house. Report to: Senior Merchandising Manager • To manage and drive the business of the Leather Goods business • To develop the business i...