Christian Bassett is recruiting a Retail Director for a European luxury fashion company.
You will be responsible for developing sales strategies and objectives for a retail store and for the each of the store's employees.
You will identify products and services with the greatest potential for increasing revenue. Also, you will elevate client experience and service levels while managing the complexity of the brand’s duty-paid and duty-free businesses in Korea.
Retail Performance Management
• Drive overall retail performance in both duty-paid and duty-free stores by implementing best retail practices
• Achieve all retail KPIs: VOC, conversion, cross selling, average value per transaction, units per transaction
• Define and implement the business strategy with a specific focus on net sales, conversion, personal productivity, margin and customer satisfaction
• Oversee implementation of business plans working closely with store teams and corporate partners
Client Development and Service
• Create a service-driven work environment with clients at the centre by motivating and empowering teams to drive business through innovation
• Ensure store service standards by establishing a luxurious selling ceremony, superlative client service, and standardized expectations of client outreach; all aiming at achieving a consistently high level of client service
• Participate in buying sessions working with Store Managers and Merchandising team to customize assortment for each store’s local clientele and market
• In partnership with store leadership and office teams, develop a strategy for client engagement activities
• Build market position by locating, developing, defining, and closing business relationships
• Develop partnerships with department stores, arrange business development meetings with prospective clients
• Discover and explore business opportunities, screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, and financials
• Develop negotiating strategies and positions
• Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with business operations
Fiscal Performance Management
• Ownership of store P&L and budget input
• Partner with Finance on budgeting and expense related activities
• Partner with cross functional teams to establish sales plans for stores
• Monitor store sales, traffic and work with Retail Manager and store management to address as needed
Leadership & Talent Management
• Set strategic objectives and vision for stores to drive focus on service and increase sales
• Identify, coach and develop store talent; build appropriate succession plans. Key focus on elevation of leadership capabilities within store management teams
• Promote clear performance expectations to effectively manage out poor performers while creating recognition programs for high performers
• Work with HR partner to evolve recruitment and retention practices
• Partner with Human Resources on all employee related issues
• 15+ years of luxury retail leadership experience with a keen financial and strategic understanding of the business, preferably in a multi store environment
• Retail business acumen
• Inclusive people leadership and interpersonal skills with proven ability to inspire, develop and empower teams
• Truthful and cordial attitude to people when building and maintaining the relationship
• Management and organizational skills
• Effective communication
You may also be interested in...
- Read More
Christian Bassett is recruiting a Retail Manager for a luxury European jewellery company. The Retail Manager is responsible for ensuring consistency, meeting and exceeding retail plans, implementing sales driving strategies, and developing strong relationships by tra...