Christian Bassett is recruiting a Retail Controller for a European luxury watch & jewellery company.
- Retail Controller cum Financial Planning and Analysis will work closely with the Finance & Commercial teams across SEA, focusing on implementing/reinforcing internal controls governed by Group policy and compliance with local regulations.
- You will support in management reporting, analysis, as well as budgeting and forecasting activities. You will provide explanation of variances and key performance drivers, coordinate the consolidation of results across countries for reporting purposes and support in monthly and quarterly business review presentations.
- You will provide analytical guidance on business unit activities and assist in providing dashboards, operational business insights and commentary on variances and key performance drivers.
- You will continually look into enhancing management reporting processes and frameworks to facilitate efficient and quality decision making. You will develop Excel and PowerPoint templates for standardized reporting, and to drive efficiencies in reports generation process.
- Improvements/Develop internal company policies and ensure compliance, including review of KYC process and Anti-Money Laundering Act compliance in respective countries.
- Make sure the organization has a clearly defined program for complying with the country’s laws.
- Constantly report to management concerning the organization’s compliance with laws and regulations.
- Take action in dealing with noncompliance situations, creating realistic plans to overcome them.
- Conduct regular audits to identify potential weaknesses and noncompliance situations.
- Communicate with employees and ensure that stakeholders are aware of what they need to do to comply with internal and external laws and regulations
- Provide analytical and business partnering support & insights to optimize performance, including financial statement analysis, KPIs, and business performance commentary.
Provide financial analysis from the following perspective:
- Assessment of Company’s overall financial health, primarily by using key financial ratio
- Product analysis in terms of profitability and turnover
- Examining and evaluating the cost-efficiency of each department within the company
- Comparing historical results against budgets and forecast, and performing variance analysis to explain differences in performance and make improvements going forward
- Prepare annual budget and rolling forecasts, analyses and explain the major variance between actual and budget for SEA region. Monitor and drive the results as per Budget/Forecast.
- Liaise, discuss and follow up with headquarter and internal departments for monthly management reporting, budget variance and other management reporting related matters
- Provide management and financial information and make pro-active recommendations to help to drive Company’s business
- Prepare boutique feasibility study and recommendation.
- Participate in developing and liaise with finance accounting team to monitor and deliver the financial and budgetary requirements of the Company.
- Develop Excel and PowerPoint templates for standardized reporting, and to drive efficiencies in reports generation process.
- Work closely with Retails Ops Manager for enhancement of boutique operations SOP that have financial impacts.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or ACCA equivalent
- 5 to 8 years of experience in retail internal control and compliance, financial analysis, reporting, and forecasting role. Experience in luxury retail industry is a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office with strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrated executive level engagement with business partners
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, attention to detail
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- Excellent time mnagement and organizational skills
You may also be interested in...
- Read More
Christian Bassett is recruiting a Brand Manager for a premium European confectionary company. Summary: • Opportunity to collaborate and learn from top talents in the FMCG industry • Reach excellence in brand management and in depth knowledge of APC re...
- Read More
Christian Bassett is recruiting a Brand Manager for a premium confectionary European company. Summary: • Opportunity to collaborate and learn from top talents in the FMCG industry • Reach excellence in brand management and in depth knowled...