Christian Bassett is recruiting a Regional Retail Manager, South East Asia for a European watch & jewellery company.
Reporting to the Regional Brand Manager, the Regional Retail Manager will be responsible for the following:
Overall Retail Management
• Develop strategies and initiatives to grow retail business in Southeast Asia
• Responsible for driving and ensuring sales targets are achieved for each boutique
• In collaboration with the regional team in Hong Kong, define and monitor key KPI’s in each boutique, including conversion rates, building database and weekly planner
• Conduct regular boutique and market visits to stay informed about market trends and identify business opportunities and improve business plans
• Analyze and monitor on sales performance and KPIs, frequent review with Boutique
• Managers on possible solutions to increase productivity and maximize sales generating opportunities
• Work with HR in proposing commission and incentive scheme to motivate boutique sales.
• Analysis of sales staff individual performance and plan a short / long term staff strategy.
• Coordinate sales results of each boutique and assist in stock assortment implementation
• according to the performance, potentials and environment.
• Work closely with Supply Chain team to ensure proper stock supply to the boutiques and monitoring stock situation, including both commercial launch of novelties and replenishment.
• Analyze market trends, competition, customer needs etc. to improve the business plan.
• Assist in local events and boutique sales.
• Hold weekly Performance Meeting with the Boutique Managers
• Ensure all corporate identity guidelines are properly implemented in all markets for uniforms, store stationery, letterheads.
• Responsible for ensuring perfect execution of all brand merchandising, marketing, training guidelines and SOPs throughout retail in line with corporate guidelines
• Ensure excellent level of customer service reflected in every boutique and maintain effective relationships with customers
• Work cross-functionally with Regional Marketing, Human Resources and Finance teams to ensure strong retail performance across all boutiques
• Collaborate regularly with regional team to provide feedback as needed on product needs and stock levels
• Manage negotiation with landlords on space and location
• Work with contractors in the successful opening of new stores/renovations from the planning phase to completion
Team Management & Coaching
• Participate in staffing activities, assessment and development of boutique managers and retail team
• Lead, develop and inspire the retail teams to be in line with company and brand objectives
• Create strong morale and spirit within the team
• Implement a culture of coaching in the stores
• Support management of retail teams – performance management, motivation, training, recruitment and career development
• Work closely with Regional Team to suggest incentive schemes which will motivate the teams
Coordination / Administration and controlling
• Act as a key contact point regarding all Opex issues.
• Coordinate the Boutique maintenance and construction with related teams and external contractors.
• Work with Headquarter on repair progress.
• Manage boutique operations and maintenance. Liaise with external vendors and monitor on service and supplies are delivered at agreed level and to the benefit of each boutique.
• Assist Regional Brand Manager to monitor the controllable cost.
• Work closely with marketing team on planning and executing sales promotion, trade marketing programs, communications and expansion strategy.
• Coordinate local market competition information.
Leasing, Proposals, Reporting and analysis
• Conduct and supervisor the daily administrative support for the retail boutique.
• Compile and produce sales analysis and other performance related reports accordingly to schedule.
• Analyze and forecast sales figures and interpret trends to facilitate planning.
• Work with Regional Brand Manager on lease matters e.g., review commercial lease terms, lease renewal, prepare supporting documents for submission and signatory arrangement.
• Bachelor’s degree with at least 8 years of solid experience in luxury retail management with proven track record in sales and service excellence, preferably in the category of Watch and Jewellery
• Strong communication skills with good problem-solving and negotiation skills
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with a keenness on people development and coaching
• Organized, detail-minded with the ability to multi-task
• Good command of written and spoken English, Thailand
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)