Christian Bassett is recruiting a Real Estate & Business Development Senior Manager/ Director, Asia Pacific for a European luxury fashion company.
Asia Pacific/Executive Office/Technical
CEO, Asia Pacific
The Director of Real Estate & Business Development will lead the Real Estate and Business Development strategy, which includes the Company’s growth and expansion plans for Asia Pacific region, by identifying key markets, locating properties, opening new stores, and negotiating lease terms and renewals..
• Possess a high level of market insight intelligence within luxury retail markets and developing retail markets to thoroughly analyze relevant data (including but not limited to financial, traffic pattern and demographic data) on all prospective locations, including where expiring leases may exist.
• Work with local brokers to identify strong prospective non-mall locations and conduct negotiation of business terms for new stores within budgetary requirements, including negotiating renewal terms for expiring leases may exist.
• Presenting recommendations to HQ, including both new locations and existing locations with expiring leases, coordinate with cross-functional partners to obtain and prepare all information.
• Coordinate with local and HQ Technical teams regarding prospective locations and cost estimates for new store construction and the physical condition of new stores at turnover.
• Work with internal Counsel to negotiate the terms of all documents necessary for each new/renewing store, including requirements around insurance and construction.
• Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in acquiring luxury retail real estate locations
• Proven ability to conduct successful negotiations of both business terms and legal documentation
• Strong ability to analyse financial and demographic data
• Expert knowledge and capabilities in PowerPoint and presentation skills
• Strong Real Estate relationships with developers within the Asia Pacific markets
• Ability to create captivating presentations for local Regional office and HQ
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment, flexible contributor, and adept at staying on-task and on time despite ever-changing priorities
• Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
• Must possess a team player attitude
• Effective oral/written communication and organizational skills are required
• Must maintain and secure sensitive/confidential information with the utmost confidentiality