Christian Bassett is recruiting an Assistant Manager, Visual Merchandising, SEA & AUS for a premium timeless and versatile fashion company.
REPORTS TO Director, Visual Merchandising, Asia
• Support the Director, Visual Merchandising, Asia in planning and executing all Visual related activities for the SEA & AUS region.
• This role will be assisting in managing the communication between stores, internal cross-functional corporate departments as well as external business partners.
• He/she is required to assist in creating a store environment that promotes our brand, showcases and moves our products and delights our customers.
He/she will need to have a well-developed understanding of the visual presentation standards and be able to support both the administrative and creative needs of the business.
• This position will need to have a well-developed understanding of the Visual Presentation standards and strong business acumen - effectively balancing aesthetics with productivity, and be extremely creative and an effective communicator and trainer.
• He/ she will also provide communication channels throughout the regions to give VM information, plan and strategy and reach VM team and operational teams and store managers (Direct retails, Wholesales & Travel Retails).
FOCUS AREA #1: Regional Visual Merchandising Strategy & Standards
• Elevate, adapt and implement Visual guidelines, including but not limited to window presentations and in-store displays.
• Exercise independent judgment and discretion in developing strategies to uphold the Visual Merchandising standards.
• Liaison between field organizations and corporate office, communicating successes, opportunities, and needs at the field level; actively coordinate with the Senior Visual Merchandising Manager, Asia Wholesale.
• Demonstrate a strong working relationship with internal corporate teams, store management, and Wholesale partners.
• Emulate the brand aesthetic and embody a strong sense of fashion and an enthusiastic, positive attitude.
• Contribute to maintaining all brand and operating standards to support brand consistency.
• Assist in any updates to the Global Visual Standards Manual and support/train accordingly.
• Resolve store-specific merchandising opportunities that require adaptations based on region, market, store architecture, inventory levels, and business trends.
FOCUS AREA #2: Field Focus: Hands-On Visual Support
• Support the planning, executing and follow up of key rollouts and initiatives in Southeast Asia.
• Frequent travel and onsite visits to provide in-the-moment coaching, training and feedback; conduct regular store visits to ensure that Visual Merchandising standards are maintained in accordance with guidelines.
• Photo management/reviews and weekly touch-bases with in-store Visual leads and store management to include submission of weekly recap noting opportunities and successes.
• Ensure that appropriate contacts/partners have seasonal directive and other Visual Merchandising collateral.
• Coordinate all orders and logistical processes to maintain each location’s prop fixture package and any Visual elements needed
FOCUS AREA #3: Leadership
• Work on the training of and partnership with Visual Merchandising talent in the field
• Participate in the development of Visual Merchandising educational/ training tools
• Coordinate and conduct Visual training sessions and workshops within the region
• Onboard new hires in order to train them on Visual Merchandising standards and guidelines
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES NOT COVERED IN FOCUS AREAS:
• Special Projects as needed
• Support New Store Openings & Events when required
• Some Retail support/maintenance required
• EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
• Minimum of 5 years visual merchandising/installation and store operations experience with a luxury goods retailer
• Strong organizational, management skills with the ability to multi-task
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presenting material in an organized and compelling manner
• Demonstrated ability to balance maintenance and installations on a rolling calendar
• Ability to conduct installations outside of standard working and retail boutique hours (i.e. early mornings, evenings and weekends)
• Good communication skills, fluent in Mandarin and English
• Word, PowerPoint and Excel proficiency
• Photoshop & Illustrator proficiency preferred
• Ability to work independently with strong initiative on many different types of projects simultaneously with aggressive timelines
• Changes course easily
• Knows when to be patient and when to push
• Works well in the gray
• Shows grace under pressure
• Owns mistakes and learns from them
• Balances multiple priorities
• Takes initiative, doesn’t wait for direction
• Builds for the future
• Takes personal ownership and accountability
• Is resourceful in getting things done
• Passionate about the brand and the work
• Creates a transformational client experience
• Makes decisions in the best interest of the company and our customers
• Focuses on internal and external customers
• Has the skills necessary to perform the job
• Keeps current on trends, skills, and practices
• Puts learning into practice
• Sets team goals and roles
• Develops, motivates and empowers
• Delivers constructive and encouraging feedback
• Holds people accountable for results
• Recognizes high performance
• Challenges the current point of view
• Puts changes in context for the team
• Executes changes that impact the business
• Is proactive and positive
• Listens to and keeps the team up to speed
You may also be interested in...
Visual Merchandising Manager, South East Asia
- Read More
Christian Bassett is recruiting a Visual Merchandising Manager, South East Asia for a European luxury fashion house. Region : Singapore, Malaysia & Thailand Reporting to : Head of Visual Merchandising (Based in Milan) Job Summary Manage and e...
Team Manager, Visual Merchandising
- Read More
Christian Bassett is recruiting a Team Manager, Visual Merchandising for a luxury fashion house. As a Team Manager, Visual Merchandising (VM) in store, you will be an ambassador of the Brand and ensure the consistency, quality and sophistication of the visual merchan...
Senior Visual Merchandiser, South East Asia
- Read More
Christian Bassett is recruiting a Senior Visual Merchandiser SEA for a European luxury fashion company. Responsibilities • Reporting to Visual Merchandising Manager, execute visual display presentation: • Ensure all the stores are in corporate V...